Spicer® Off-Highway Transmissions and Electronic Control Solutions
Dana supplies a full range of Spicer® transmissions and torque converters to handle application needs ranging from 50 to 1,000 horsepower (37 to 746 kW). All off-highway transmissions can be specified with Spicer mechanical and electronic control systems to enhance performance even further. Various options enable advanced controlling capabilities such as precise inching, eco-drive, power drive, and next-generation overlap control.
Dana’s transmission solutions include:
• Hydrostatic – Available in continuously and infinitely variable transmissions for improved fuel economy and maximum vehicle performance.
- Discnnects engine speed from wheel speed for improved efficiency and control
- Offers forward, reverse and braking with hydrostatic motor
- Delivers high torque at low speeds
• Hydrodynamic Powershift – Delivers the highest level of simplicity and serviceability with electric and advanced control options for improved shifting.
- Eliminates disconnect clutch
- Reduces shock/impact driveline loading
- Prevents engine stalling and over-speeding
- Provides smooth start-up and acceleration
- Balances power to load
- Increases ratio coverage
- Improves vehicle and driver efficiency
- Better performance in load/carry and load/dig mode
• Hydromechanical– Combines mechanical and hydrostatic travel drives for maximum fuel savings.
- Utilizes the first full hydrostatic drive range at low speeds
- Directs a larger portion of engine power through a parallel mechanical path at increasing speeds
- Enables highest efficiency at maximum travel speed as all power moves through the mechanical path
- Identical advantages apply for reverse operation
• VariGlide™ CVP Technology – Revolutionary, flexible new concept with infinite-speed ratio capabilities.
- Reduces emissions
- Improves productivity
- Lowers engine speeds
- Spicer® system integration
- Enhances Operator comfort
- Provides up to 20 percent fuel savings